5:30 pm - 5:30 am
As if adolescence wasn’t stressful enough, the challenges teens have faced over the past year and continue to confront during the COVID crisis are unprecedented and can be extremely overwhelming. Families, friends and the community are often at a loss how to understand and offer support for mental health problems that are becoming increasingly common. If you care for a teen, or are concerned about your own wellbeing, please join this event. In this presentation, our speakers will discuss:
• Day-to-day management and preventative care during the pandemic
• Depression, crisis events, and suicidal ideation
• Post-crisis care and DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
• Anxiety and substance abuse
• Communication strategies in the home and community
• Confronting the stigma of mental illness
• Support resources We’ll also have time for Q&A at the end of the presentation.
- Heather Johnson, MS, LMFT Clinical Supervisor, Marin, Huckleberry Youth Programs
- Kara Connors, MPH Marin HHS Senior Program Manager for Suicide Prevention
- Michelle Mazza, MFT MindFit DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) Center
- Jessica Colvin, MSW, MPH, PPSC Wellness Director, Tamalpais Union High School District
About Our Community Health Seminar Series
Marin Healthcare District’s Community Health Seminar Series offers periodic educational forums for the Marin community on relevant health-related issues.
This FREE event is open to all. RSVP is not required .
Please submit questions in advance to Jennifer.Rienks@marinhealthcare.org
Organization: Marin Healthcare District