The Marin Post is the premier publishing platform in The San Francisco Bay Area for anyone who has a passion to write about issues of community concern.
The Marin Post is a project of Community Venture Partners, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and is dependent upon grants, donations and other forms of public support. Our mission is to empower citizen journalists by providing an online platform for discussion of issues of shared community concern.
Anyone can Post! Get Started... Create a Post
NOTE: The Marin Post only supports current versions of industry standard browsers. We recommend using the new Firefox or Chrome or Safari for creating a Post.
Marin Post Community Guidelines
The Marin Post is dedicated to providing you with an online platform to share ideas, news, and opinions. To preserve a positive and professional environment we ask that you please follow some basic ground rules.
The Marin Post is a venue for citizen journalists who are
creating substantive and well written, long form content on local issues of
general community concern in Marin and the SF Bay Area. The Marin Post is not a
place to post "how to" information or promote your
business, or other subjects that are better served by social media, classified ads, mainstream
news organizations and business magazines.
- Please treat fellow members of the community with respect and good will. Act in good faith and assume others are acting in good faith as well.
- Be conscientious about the content you post on the Marin Post. Text can sometimes be ambiguous and convey a harsher tone than intended. Similarly, be generous in how you interpret what others write to ensure that you understand their intentions.
- Do not post or link content that is graphic (including depicting gratuitous violence) or offensive to others, or inconsistent with the community's goals of sharing ideas, news, and opinions.
- Do not intentionally make misrepresentations, post false information, or attempt to mislead others.
- Do not infringe the rights of others, including their intellectual property rights and privacy.
- Do not libel, harass, threaten, taunt, insult, deceive, misinform, mislead, defraud or personally attack others. If you must criticize, criticize the content and not the writer, and try to do so constructively.
- Do not make comments or post content that is hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, trans-phobic, ageist, explicitly sexual or otherwise intolerant of or directed against others.
- Do not make unfounded accusations or threats (including threats of physical violence or illegal acts), or other forms of emotional or psychological attacks.
- Your account information must be complete, accurate and truthful. If you create an account using any false information, it will be blocked or deleted, immediately.