The Marin Post is the premier publishing platform in Marin County and the San Francisco Bay Area for anyone who has a passion to write about local news and issues of community concern.
The Marin Post is a project of Community Venture Partners, Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and is dependent upon grants, donations and other forms of public support. Our mission is to empower writers and provide an online platform for discussion of issues of shared community concern.
The Marin Post is a user-generated venue for writers who are
creating substantive, factual, well-written, long-form content on local issues of
general community concern in Marin and the SF Bay Area. As such, the Marin Post has no staff writers and does not create content as a publication--other than linking content on other websites--nor do we take editorial positions on issues.
The Marin Post is not a
place to post "how to" information or promote your
business, books, products or other subjects that are better served by social media, classified ads, mainstream
news organizations and business magazines.
Anyone can Post! Get Started... Create a Post
NOTE: The Marin Post only supports current versions of industry standard browsers. We recommend using the new Firefox, Chrome, or Safari for creating a Post.
Marin Post Community Guidelines
The Marin Post is dedicated to providing you with an online platform to share ideas, SF Bay Area news, and opinions. To preserve a positive and professional environment we ask that you please follow some basic ground rules.
NOTICE ABOUT COMMENTS. Comments about posts are welcomed, but
personal, defamatory, and unfounded attacks, dog-whistles, race-baiting, or
innuendos about the author of a post or their intentions, will not be tolerated and will be
deleted. Multiple violations will be permanently banned.
one cannot make their point without attacking the messenger, then one
has no point to make.
- Please treat fellow members of the community with respect and good will. Act in good faith and assume others are acting in good faith as well.
- Be conscientious about the content you post on the Marin Post. Text can sometimes be ambiguous and convey a harsher tone than intended. Similarly, be generous in how you interpret what others write to ensure that you understand their intentions.
- Do not post or link content that is graphic (including depicting gratuitous violence) or offensive to others, or inconsistent with the community's goals of sharing ideas, news, and opinions.
- Do not create multiple, duplicate posts.
- Do not intentionally make misrepresentations, post false information, or attempt to mislead others.
- Do not infringe the rights of others, including their intellectual property rights and privacy.
- Do not libel, harass, threaten, taunt, insult, deceive, misinform, mislead, defraud or personally attack others. If you must criticize, criticize the content and not the writer, and try to do so constructively.
- Do not make comments or post content that is hateful, racist, sexist, homophobic, trans-phobic, ageist, explicitly sexual or otherwise intolerant of or directed against others.
- Do not make unfounded accusations or threats (including threats of physical violence or illegal acts), or other forms of emotional or psychological attacks.
- Your account information must be complete, accurate and truthful. If you create an account found to be using any false information, it will be blocked or deleted, immediately.