819 A Street
San Rafael, California
Come to a Discussion about How to Keep 94.1 - KFPA Going
Equity, social justice and access for every community voice may soon end at KPFA and its sister stations in Pacifica's national radio network.
After years of turmoil, an internal selection process - proposed as "new bylaws" - may hand power over to a self-selected few on the Pacifica network board.
Please join us as Tracy Rosenberg, Executive Director of Media Alliance, and Peter Franck, former Pacifica president, discuss the future of Pacifica in a panel discussion. Radio host Peter B. Collins will moderate, fielding audience questions.
It is no secret that KPFA and the Pacifica network are struggling. Panelists will address the many concerns and factions at KPFA including:
- Information about recent dramatic radio network conflicts, resulting lawsuits, and proposed new bylaws
- The shut down and lock out of staff at New York affiliate WBAI
- The elimination of various independent programs at KPFA
- The truth about the Pacifica network's financial state
- "Why can't we all just get along?"
Whether you are a member or an occasional listener, Pacifica's survival is essential to everyone's free speech. Please come and learn more if you value free independent media.
Join us in protecting the fierce independence of KPFA's local and Pacifica's national programming, which speaks truth to power.
Contact Phone: 510-848-6767