350 Smith Ranch Road
San Rafael, California
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Marin Coalition is honored to present legendary broadcaster, academic, and thinker Michael Krasny, Ph.D. to begin our 2019-20 season of programs. Known to millions, Dr. Krasny is among the most loved and honored broadcasters in America and has hosted KQED’s Forum program for over 25 years. For our September program, he will share his reminiscences of a life in journalism, academia and public discourse.
A broadcast journalist since 1983, Dr. Krasny grew up in Ohio and has lived in Marin County for many years. He worked at ABC in both radio and television before migrating to public broadcasting in 1993. He serves as Professor of English at San Francisco State University and has also taught at Stanford, the University of San Francisco and the University of California, as well as in the Fulbright International Institutes. A veteran interviewer for the nationally broadcast City Arts and Lectures, he is the author of a number of books, including Off Mike: A Memoir of Talk Radio and Literary Life (Stanford Univ. Press); Spiritual Envy (New World); Sound Ideas (with M.E. Sokolik/McGraw-Hill); Let There Be Laughter (Harper-Collins), as well as the 24-lecture series in DVD, audio and book, Short Story Masterpieces (The Teaching Company).
Dr. Krasny has interviewed many of the world’s leading political, cultural, literary, science and technology figures, as well as major figures from the world of entertainment. He is the recipient of many awards and honors including the S.Y. Agnon Medal for Intellectual Achievement; The Eugene Block Award for Human Rights Journalism; the James Madison Freedom of Information Award; the Excellence in Journalism Award from the National Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association; Career Achievement Award from the Society of Professional Journalists and an award from the Radio and Television News Directors Ass’n. He holds a B.A. (cum laude) and M.A. from Ohio University and a Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin.
Please mark you calendar.It is easy to pay with PayPal and you can use your credit card:
- RSVP & Pay Online by September 1st:
- https://marincoalition.org/events/ (late registration subject to availability)
- Cost:Members: $29; Non-Members: $31; Late registration or at the door: $35 (as space allows)
- Cancellations: Must be received via e-mail by 10 a.m. on September 1st
- Contact us at: email@example.com
1) Choose whether you are a member or non-member and/or choose if you are bringing a guest
2) make your meal choices and, if bringing a friend, add their name and menu choice, then 3) click on "Pay Now" (For members or non-Members) That will take you to PayPal- : Just click on the grey "Pay with Debit or Credit card" and then you can pay without a PayPal Account.
Hope you can join us!
Marin Coalition www.MarinCoalition.org
Organization: Marin Coalition