10:00 am - 11:00 am
Tune In, Call or Send a Comment -
Forward this announcement to others.
KQED Forum with Michael Krasny -
Call in: 866-733-6786
Topic: Housing Legislation re: Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
- Karen Chapple, a proponent of ADUs, Chair and Professor of City & Regional Planning at UC Berkeley
- Liam Dillon, staff writer for the LA Times covering CA politics and policies
- Susan Kirsch, a cautionary critic of ADUs, Founder, Livable California; community leader
- Commend ADUs as a suitable local solution to a local housing dilemma; best implemented via local City Councils, not the top-down, one-size-fits-all mandates of state legislators.
- Challenge the narrative of a housing crisis, and center the issue around affordability.
- Raise the question, "Who benefits from the state legislation usurping local control? (and given a chance, oppose the Regional Housing Finance Agency)
- Describe how the financialization of housing undercuts the value of ADUs as a local solution and destabilizes the middle class and democracy.
For more on this topic, go the The Marin Post: https://marinpost.org/blog/2019/10/13/the-financialization-of-adus
Organization: Kirsch Associates
Contact: Susan Kirsch
Contact Phone: 415-686-4375