350 Smith Ranch Rd.
San Rafael, California
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Robert Eyler – Dean of School of Extended and International Education, Sonoma State University
- Bruce Wilson – Executive Director, Workforce Alliance of the North Bay
- Sam Pahlavan – General Manager, Marriott Hotel, Larkspur
Marin County’s economy is thriving. However, many local businesses are facing challenges that impact their ability to grow and prosper. These issues include the high cost and availability of housing, traffic congestion, and strong economies in other Bay area counties which provide potential workers other opportunities for employment.
Economist Robert Eyler will provide us with an update on the status of the economy in Marin, and some of the future challenges local business will face. Bruce Wilson, from the Workforce Alliance of the North Bay, and Sam Pahlavan, General Manager of the Marriott Hotel in Larkspur, will discuss these challenges and what can be done to address them moving forward. Attendees should expect an informative and interesting discussion.
Dr. Robert Eyler is Dean of the School of Extended and International Education at Sonoma State University. Robert also serves as the chief economist of Marin Economic Forum. He earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Davis in 1998. He earned a B.A. in Economics at CSU, Chico in 1992. Robert has been a visiting scholar at both the University of Bologna and Stanford University.
Bruce Wilson is Executive Director of Workforce Alliance of the North Bay, a regional workforce development board in California. Bruce began his career in workforce development in 1997 for the Napa County Private Industry Council and was selected as Napa County’s workforce board director in 2004. In his career, he has been responsible for managing complex workforce development projects and acquiring funds to support job training efforts in Northern California.
Sam Pahlavan is the General Manager of the Marriott Hotel in Larkspur, a position he has held for the past 22 years. He has a Master of Business Administration with an emphasis on Hospitality Administration/Management from Golden Gate University.
- Date: Wednesday November 7, 2018; 11:15 a.m. (check-in and networking). Program and Luncheon begins promptly at noon. Meeting ends ~1:15 p.m.
- Where: The Club at McInnis Park Golf Center, 350 Smith Ranch Rd., San Rafael
- RSVP & Pay Online by November 4th
- Cost: Please Note: $29 (members); $31 (non-members); $35 if RSVP received after November 4th deadline or at the door
- Cancellations:for refund must be received via email by 10 a.m. on November 4th
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF FILMING AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHY The Marin Coalition (MC) customarily creates video- and audio-recordings of its events for publication on its website or elsewhere. By entering anyMC event you consent to your voice, name, and/or likeness being included, without compensation, in photographs, video- and/or audio-recordings created by MC for possible use on its website or otherwise. By participating in an event, you release MC, its officers and directors, and any and all persons creating any photograph, video- or audio-recording from any such liability.
Organization: Marin Coalition