CO$T's success has increased demands for us to take on additional projects and issues important to Marin taxpayer-voters. But we're are seeking volunteers to help with new projects, to continue our research and effective advocacy.
Please consider volunteering to help with a project or contribute a skill. We can likely work within your time constraints. If you are unable to volunteer time, please consider donating to fund administrative assistance!
Skills Help Needed (We’re looking for both team leaders and worker bees, depending on time availability and skill level):
- Financial analysis. If you’re good at reading financial reports and know what questions to ask about them, we need you!
- Communications. Help draft, craft, and/or format eblasts, newsletters and op/ed’s that keep our supporters and the public informed and engaged.
- Social media. Join a new CO$T county-wide network of people who post our announcements and messages on NextDoor, Twitter, Facebook, and Disqus. We also seek a social media volunteer coordinator.
- Organize public events. CO$T wants to host more events for our supporters that keeps them informed, educated, and engaged.
- Outreach. Help us grow our eblast-reader supporter base.
- Presentation materials. PowerPoint, graphs, graphics & images.
- Fundraising. Solicit contributions or host an event. Come up with new ideas (e.g., sustaining memberships, grants)
- Citizen oversight committees. CO$T provides qualified citizen representatives to oversee local agencies
- Campaign volunteers: Leafleting, signature gathering, and lawn sign workers for campaigns.
Project Help Needed:
- Monitor a specific public agency or district’s public meeting agendas, staff reports, and minutes. Alert us about important developments. You can do this from the comfort of your home. It can be hugely important.
- 2020 local ballot issues, advance legwork: New Marin county-wide fire protection district tax; Marin County Parks & Open Space sales tax; Tamalpais Union High School District parcel tax; SMART sales tax. Let us know which one interests you.
Leadership / Directors Needed:
- CO$T wants to selectively add 2-4 people to the five-member operating board. We need top flight people with skills and time to commit to our endeavors. Volunteering for a key role in a project is a great way to explore the fit while contributing to the cause.
LET US KNOW HOW YOU'D LIKE TO HELP
Email us at CoalitionTaxpayers@gmail.com
Go to COSTMarin.org to Donate.
Or send a check to CO$T at P.O. Box 253, Kentfield, CA 94914