350 Smith Ranch Rd.
San Rafael, California
Marin Coalition Presents: Wednesday September 6, 2017
“The Future of Marin: A Candid Conversation with Dick Spotswood”
Speaker: Marin IJ Columnist, Dick Spotswood
Marin County voters will likely face many contentious and expensive ballot measures in the near future. The list of issues facing County residents is long, but prominent topics are:
- The accrued pension liabilities of the County and city governments, as well as the many district agencies that serve us.
- The ever-increasing traffic congestion that plagues our mobility, which will be further impacted by the relocation of the San Rafael transit center to accommodate the planned extension of the SMART train to Larkspur.
- Increased parcel and sales taxes including the seemingly bottomless pit of education expenditures.
- Affordable housing solutions
Amid growing concern over the inability to find effective and efficient solutions to these and other issues, we have invited one of the most knowledgeable people on the local political scene, Mr. Dick Spotswood, to share his views on these and other topics.
Dick Spotswood is the politics and government columnist for the Marin Independent Journal. He is also the senior political editor for KRCB Television (PBS, Channel 22, Rohnert Park). A native of San Francisco and a graduate of USF and its School of Law, Mr. Spotswood is currently, a partner of the law firm of Jacobs & Spotswood. A former Mill Valley City Council member (1980-1992) and three-term Mayor, he also served for 10 years as a Director of the Golden Gate Bridge District (1982-1992) and as chair of the Doyle Drive Commission. His specialty in government was transportation issues. A registered independent, Mr. Spotswood describes himself as a “militant centrist,” Additionally, he is the former president of the Rotary Club of Mill Valley, the Mountain Play Association, the Marin Forum and the College of Marin Foundation. He is a former board member of the California Planning & Conservation League.
- Date: Wednesday September 6, 2017; 11:15 a.m. (check-in) – 1:15 p.m. Program begins promptly at noon.
- Where: The Club at McInnis Park Golf Center, 350 Smith Ranch Rd., San Rafael
- RSVP & Pay Online by September 1st: http://marincoalition.org/events/
- Cost: Please Note: $29 (members); $31 (non-members); $35 if RSVP received after September 1st deadline or at the door
- Cancellations for refund must be received via email by 10 a.m. on September 1
- Contact us at: email@example.com
Organization: The Marin Coalition
Web Site: http://marincoalition.org/events/